Hawkeye is committed to providing a work and educational environment free of sexual harassment.
Any form of sexual harassment that creates an offensive or hostile working environment or in which an employee demands sexual considerations in exchange for job benefits, grades, or other educational benefits will not be tolerated. Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature is considered sexual harassment. Conduct includes but is not limited to:
- sexual jokes, innuendo, flirtation, touching, advances, or propositions
- verbal abuse of a sexual nature
- graphic or suggestive comments about an individual’s dress or body
- sexually explicit remarks to describe an individual
- display in the workplace of sexually suggestive objects or pictures, including nude photographs
Any employee or student who believes he or she has been or is being sexually harassed should follow the complaint procedure and immediately report the facts of the incident, including the names of the individual(s) involved.
Student Handbook | Next Page >
Human Resource Services
Hawkeye Center 101