Office Hours—Spring 2015
- Monday and Wednesday 12:00–1:00pm
- Tuesday and Thursday 9:30–10:30am
- Tuesday 2:00–3:00pm
- By appointment or chance
Courses I Teach
- BIO 163 - Essentials of Human Anatomy & Physiology
- BIO 168 - Human Anatomy & Physiology I w/lab
- BIO 173 - Human Anatomy & Physiology II w/lab
- MS 1989 Iowa State University, Ames, IA
- BA 1984 Mt. Marty College, Yankton, SD
- Majors: Biology, Chemistry, Secondary Education
- Minors: Communication Arts and Physics
Related Work Experience
- High School Science Instructor - 11 years teaching experience across all science curricular areas
- Research Specialist in Molecular Genetics - 6 years for Garst Seed/ICI Seeds
I have been teaching at Hawkeye Community since 1999 with classes primarily in Anatomy and Physiology although I have also taught Introductory Biology and Environmental Science.
Little known things about me...
I worked in radio as a DJ for a variety of radio stations. I started when I was first out of high school because there was a new radio station in the small town that I lived in. My high school speech coach gave them my name and I learned my basic skills there and worked on weekends and vacations from college for several years. I also worked full time at a radio station while in college and continued after graduation at a different station part time.
I am a 1st dan black belt in tae kwon do.
This is the Faculty Directory page of the Hawkeye Community College faculty member named at the top of the page.
Faculty Directory pages are those of the authors and do not in any way constitute official Hawkeye Community College content.
Authors of these pages are responsible for obeying all relevant laws and College policies.
Views expressed on these pages and any pages linked to are strictly those of the page authors.
About the Faculty Directory
Request a Faculty Directory or Course Page