Automotive Technology Academy
The Automotive Technology Academy gives you the chance to explore a career in the automotive field while earning college credit before you graduate from high school! This academy will give you hands-on experience in testing and diagnosing, engine drivability diagnosis, automatic transmissions, gas engines, suspension, alignment, brakes, and basic electricity.
The automotive field has become very complex with advances in technology. The need for highly trained automotive service technicians will continue to be in-demand.
Your career opportunities may include, but are not limited to:
- Auto parts manager
- Auto service manager
- Auto service technician
- Electrical mechanic
- Heavy engine mechanic
- Small engine mechanic
- Your school district pays for your courses and provides the textbooks.
- You are responsible for transportation costs to Hawkeye’s Main Campus.
- You are responsible for any field trips and activities out of the classroom.
Who can participate?
- Any 9th-12th grade student who meets the requirements.
- Students who are able to travel to Hawkeye’s Main Campus.
What can you do after you graduate from high school?
If you complete the Automotive Technology Academy, you will receive up to 21 credits (approximately a $3,000 value) toward your college degree!
You can continue your education at Hawkeye in programs such as:
Where are the courses located?
Courses for the Automotive Technology Academy are held on Hawkeye’s Main Campus.
Hawkeye Center - Lower Level