EMC² - Exploring Manufacturing Careers Consortium
Hawkeye has partnered up with high schools in our service area to offer students a plan for a career in advanced manufacturing.
Start your career now with EMC2
The EMC2 programs gives you a chance to explore an advanced manufacturing career while earning college credit, money, and hands-on experience.
Earn College Credits
Take college classes while in high school. Each summer you will earn $300 for yourself and another $300 for an educational account for future tuition at Hawkeye.
When you complete the EMC2 program and Hawkeye's admissions requirements, you will transition into the CNC Machining and Tool-Making Technology program at Hawkeye. After successful completion of the program's four semesters, you will earn your Associate of Applied Science degree. After graduating from Hawkeye, you may transfer your credits to the University of Northern Iowa and/or transition into the workforce.
What Does EMC2 Do for You?
- Earn up to 12 college credits for free - more than a $1,900 value.
- Receive a $600 tuition credit towards the CNC Machining and Tool-Making Technology program at Hawkeye.
- Reduces your tuition costs by up to 35%.
- Pays you $600 cash.
- Receive advanced placement in the CNC Machining and Tool-Making Technology program at Hawkeye.
- Ability to transfer credits to the University of Northern Iowa.
How to Get Started
Must be a junior in high school.
Take the ACT or COMPASS assessment.
Review your high school's plan of study for EMC2.
Complete and submit the EMC² Application for Admission by February 6, 2016.
Buchanan Hall 128I