Library Card and Borrowing Privileges
The Hawkeye Community College Library is open to Hawkeye students, faculty, and staff; and the general public
Hawkeye Students, Faculty, and Staff
Your Hawkeye Card is your library card. You can check out an unlimited number of most library materials.
You can use your Hawkeye Card to:
- check out library materials
- access items from the Reserve Collection
- request an Interlibrary Loan
Members of the public may check out many library materials through the Iowa Open Access program.
Please present a photo ID to receive your Hawkeye Community College Library card.
Borrowing privileges for the general public do not include:
- use of reserve materials
- interlibrary loan service
- remote access to licensed electronic resources
- checkout of videos, however you can view videos in the library
- checkout of electronic devices such as laptops, e-readers, tablets, etc.
Library and Classroom Building
Ask A Librarian
Text us at 66746 and start your question with hawkeyelib
Example: hawkeyelib do you have the book The Hunger Games?
More info on this service