Your Student Records

Transcript Request

Transcripts are an official record of all credit granted to you while enrolled at Hawkeye Community College or Hawkeye Institute of Technology. Your transcripts are kept by Hawkeye forever.

  • You may request three free transcripts per semester. Additional transcripts are $3 each.

  • Transcript requests are processed in the order they are received.

  • If you would like to pick up your transcript in person, you are required to show a photo ID.

  • We do not release any non-Hawkeye transcripts that may be a part of your student file. Examples include your High School transcripts or transcripts from other Colleges/Universities.

  • We will notify you promptly if there are any holds or special circumstances regarding your transcript. Any amount of money owed to Hawkeye must be paid in full before your official or unofficial transcript is issued.

  • Minimester transcripts will be available four business days after the end date of the Minimester course.

  • Continuing Education transcripts can be requested by contacting the Cedar Falls Center.

  • GED / High School Equivalency diploma and transcript requests must be made through the Iowa Department of Education in writing using the High School Equivalency Diploma Document Request Form [pdf].

Official Transcripts

Official Hawkeye transcripts are normally required by other educational institutions and may be mailed directly to the educational institution by Hawkeye at your request.

Official transcripts:

  • bear the signature of the Director of Student Records and Registration,
  • are dated, and
  • are sealed in an envelope.

Requesting an Official Transcript

To request an official transcript, print and complete the transcript request form [pdf] or email your request to Student Records.

While we accept transcript requests via email, we cannot email your transcripts.

Your signature is required to:

  • release transcripts to a third-party other than an education institution, such as an employer.

  • mail your transcript to you if your home address doesn't match the address on your student record.

  • release all other types of transcript requests.

Unofficial Transcripts

Unofficial Hawkeye transcripts can be issued directly to the student and are stamped "Issued to Student" in red.

Requesting an Unofficial Transcript

  • Current Students: You can print an unofficial transcript from My Hawkeye > My WebAdvisor > WebAdvisor for Students > Academic Profile > Transcript

  • All Students: You can print and complete the transcript request form [pdf] or email Student Records.

While we accept transcript requests via email, we cannot email your transcripts.

College Catalog | Student Handbook | Next Page >

Student Records

Hawkeye Center
Lower Level
319-296-1609 (F)
Email us

Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm

Mailing Address

Student Records
Hawkeye Community College
1501 East Orange Road
P.O. Box 8015
Waterloo, Iowa 50704-8015