Allen College - UnityPoint – Medical Laboratory Science 3+1
Students interested in the Medical Laboratory Science at Allen College - UnityPoint program should take each of the following courses.
- ENG105 Composition I
- ENG106 Composition II
- SPC101 Fundamentals of Oral Communication
Humanities elective is defined by Allen College - UnityPoint as Art, Music, Theater, Dance, English, Foreign Language, Philosophy, History, Cultures, Civilization, Literature, Religion, Economics, and Communication Arts electives.
Examples may include, but are not limited to, courses with corresponding prefixes: MUS, ENG, PHI, LIT, REL and ECN.
Please contact Student Services with elective course numbers to ensure transferability.
- SOC110 Intro to Sociology
- PSY111 Intro to Psychology
Social Science elective
Social Science elective is defined by Allen College - UnityPoint as Geography, History, Political Science, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Anthropology, and Criminology electives.
Examples may include, but are not limited to, courses with corresponding prefixes: GEO, HIS, POL, PSY, SOC and CRJ.
Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- BIO168 Human Anatomy & Physiology I w/lab
- CHM122 Intro to General Chemistry
- CHM132 Intro to Organic and Biochemistry
- CHM165 General Chemistry I
- BIO185 Microbiology
- BIO112 General Biology I w/lab
- BIO113 General Biology II w/lab
- MAT156 Statistics
- Diversity elective (any course exploring another culture; for example, courses with the corresponding prefix CLS or SOC205)
- Elective courses in any field (30 credits)
Students will also need to complete the following courses not offered at Hawkeye:
- Organic Chemistry w/lab (3-4 credits)
- Biochemistry or an additional semester of Organic Chemistry (3-4 credits)
A 2.7 GPA is required for admission into the Medical Laboratory Science program.
Meeting admission criteria does not guarantee admission into the program.
All nursing students will be subject to a background check prior to admission and licensure.
Hawkeye Center 208