University of Iowa General Education Program Requirements
These transfer equivalencies are designed for students who do not plan to complete the Associate of Arts degree at Hawkeye before transferring to the University of Iowa, but who plan to enter the College of Liberal Arts or the College of Education.
If you do not plan on completing the Associate of Arts degree at Hawkeye and have fewer than 24 credit hours, you will be acceptable based on a combination of high school unit requirements, high school admission requirements, and college coursework.
If you have more than 24 transfer credit hours and a 2.25 GPA on all college coursework you will be admitted. If you graduated from high school in 1991 or after, you must satisfy the high school unit requirements for graduation.
These requirements are subject to change without notice. Please check with the University of Iowa for verification of courses.
* A number of courses are cross-listed in two different categories of the General Education Program. You may not use any one course to satisfy two areas of the General Education Program.
Foreign Language General Education Requirement
You are required to complete the Foreign Language requirement for the College of Business if you have not:
- earned an Associate of Arts degree,
- graduated high school between 1985-1991 and have at least 24 credit hours or more earned, or
- graduated high school prior to 1985.
Students may be admitted without this requirement on a conditional basis.
To fulfill the Foreign Language requirement you must:
- complete two years of a foreign language in high school, OR
- complete two semesters of a foreign language in college, AND
- complete intermediate courses of the same foreign language at Iowa.
The following are courses that may be taken at Hawkeye to apply towards the foreign language requirement.
Hawkeye Center 208