High School Diploma Verification Process
Hawkeye Community College considers a high school transcript or GED valid if granted by a high school or agency/program accredited by:
a state department of education (e.g. The State of Iowa Department of Education), or
a regional accreditation agency recognized by the United States Department of Education:
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education/Secondary Schools
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- North Central Association of Schools and Colleges/The Higher Learning Commission
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- Southern Association of Schools and Colleges
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
An online high school or General Educational Development (GED) completion program is considered valid only if it is recognized by a state department of education or a regional accreditation agency. Hawkeye does not recognize national accreditation. Before pursuing one of these completion programs, please verify its accreditation with Hawkeye Community College.
If Hawkeye Community College cannot verify that a transcript is from a high school or agency/program that meets the criteria above, the student should consult the Admissions office to discuss other admission options.
Hawkeye Community College
1501 East Orange Road
P.O. Box 8015
Waterloo, Iowa 50704-8015