Community Job Openings
By: Career Services Center
Date Published: Friday, January 13, 2017
Are you looking for a job while you are in school or a job in your chosen field? Start by logging into your Hawkeye Job Board account to begin searching for these jobs.
- Accounting Clerk #4850512
- Assistant Project Manager #4844317
- CNC Maintenance Technician #4851897
- Dental Assistant #4843087
- Direct Support Staff #4844351
- Engineering Technician #4856736
- Graphic Artist #4858070
- Job Coach II/DSP II #4855507
- Lawn Care Foreman #4850341
- LPN/Medical Assistants #4848350
- Medical Customer Service #4844052
- Member Services Rep #4843061
- Office Assistant #4857913
- Respiratory Therapist #4843340
- RN Health Coordinator #4859244
- More part-time and full-time positions added daily!
What are Your 2017 Career Resolutions?
Happy New Year! 2017 may bring the need to find a job or advance your career. If you have not made any career resolutions, here are some you may want to consider.
Create a resume and cover letter: Many employers require a resume when applying for a job. The new year is the perfect time to begin constructing a resume, or if you already have one, edit and update it. Cover letters are also very important, so make sure you have one. Both documents should be tailored for specific jobs, but having a master copy of both will help.
Join new clubs and organizations: Word of mouth is still the number one way to hear about job openings. Now is the perfect time to join organizations or clubs in order to make new friends and connections plus learn more about your profession.
Practice professionalism: No matter what time of the year, presenting yourself in a professional manner is crucial. If you find yourself lacking in that department, start practicing. This includes your appearance, your language, and your online presence.
Do not take things personally: Rejection is a part of life, and it is okay that you did not get the job right away. Be able to take criticism and advice and use it to your advantage. A positive attitude goes a long way.
Career Services Center
Bremer Hall 102
Regular Hours—Fall 2016