Jobs...Employers Post Openings
By: Career Services Center
Date Published: Wednesday, May 08, 2013
Are you looking for a job while you are in school or a job in your chosen field? Start by logging into your Hawkeye Job Board account to begin searching for these jobs.
- Mechanic #3043617
- Welder #3042692
- Week Night Shelf Stocker #3043451
- Administrative Assistant Intern #3045157
- Human Resources #3041594
- Charge Nurse #3045569
- Customer Service Representative #3033644
- Part Time Lifeguard #3036925
- Accounting Intern #3037266
- Greenhouse Specialist #2974482
- Housekeeping #3035187
- Seasonal Lawn Care #2957192
- Registered Dental Hygienist #2962060
- Plus many more!
Employers are using Social Media to Screen Potential Candidates
Thirty-seven percent of employers now use social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr to screen potential candidates for jobs. This number will continue to grow, so it is important to monitor your online identity. Here are a few helpful hints:
Be sure your privacy settings are set correctly.
Remove any inappropriate photos (if you don’t want your grandmother to see it, then you don’t want employers to see it).
Beware of the language you use (i.e. foul language or derogatory terms).
Use professional sites like LinkedIn to promote yourself and your abilities.
Career Services Center
Bremer Hall 112