Reserve Officer Firearms Certification
Reserve Officer Firearms Certification, an intense four day, 40-hour course, meets the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy's requirements for a reserve peace officer to carry a handgun and shotgun, administrative rule 501-10.1(80D). The course will run into the evenings of the first two days to fulfill the nighttime qualification requirements.
There are no courses currently scheduled. Please contact us for future schedules.
Students are required to bring the following serviceable items:
- Handgun you use while working. It should be clean and functioning.
- Duty leather gear with belt keepers or Velcro fastener
- Protective vest
- Three high capacity magazines
- 12-guage duty shotgun
We will provide the ammunition.
- have a strong knowledge of how their weapon functions.
- have at least a minimal amount of shooting experience.
- sign a waiver indicating that they are physically fit to participate in strenuous activities.
- sign a waiver of liability.
Health Education and Services Center 222
Health Education and Services Center 222C
Map and Directions