Effective managers are able to maximize the capabilities and talents within the teams they lead. By managing the performance of your direct reports you are able to unleash the employees’ strengths and develop strategies to support their limitations. This class will provide you with foundational skills and tools used by successful managers so you can start developing and maximizing your team’s potential.
- Set SMART goals that align with company goals.
- Develop a performance plan for your direct reports.
- Develop techniques and strategies to monitor direct reports' performance.
- Practice giving feedback so the person understands the impact of their behavior and what they need to improve.
- Practice coaching to keep your direct reports focused on their performance plan.
Facilitator - Casey Reynolds
Casey Reynolds has over 20 years of management and consulting experience in the areas of corporate communication, coaching, leadership development, employee development, performance management, talent management, and employee recognition. Casey has her B.A. in Administrative Management, and her M.A. in Organization Communication, from the University of Northern Iowa. She also has her Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) designation. She is currently part of the Employee Relations team at CUNA Mutual Insurance Society where she provides coaching and support to managers and employees regarding performance, development, job changes and recognition.
Business & Community Education
Business Development Manager