This course teaches a proven methodology for problem solving following the 8-discipline steps, giving participants a standard technique for addressing problems of all types. The class builds on the fundamentals of the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle, root cause analysis, corrective action, and A3 methodology. Hands-on exercises will be used to help you apply the tools, and real-world examples will be used to illustrate the methodology.
- Learn the importance of Scientific Methodology in problem solving.
- Understand what PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) is and how it relates to good problem solving methodology.
- Learn to do observation and validation to intimately understand the problem.
- Learn to develop and to create target condition addressing all of the root causes.
- Learn a methodology for ongoing and standardizing problem solving.
Facilitator - Tom Kammer
Tom currently works with Business and Industry in the South Central College service area and across Iowa and Minnesota with other Community Colleges to identify needs and provide training. He specializes in Lean for Manufacturing and Administrative processes along with other production and quality programs including Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints, ISO, QS, TS 16949, Statistical Process Control, GD&T, Process Capability, and OSHA Standards.
Business & Community Education
Business Development Manager