Main Campus - Tama Hall, Rooms 102/106
Schedule your appointment online to donate blood.
Eligible blood donors must be at least 16 years old, should weigh at least 120 pounds, and should be in general good health.
Walk-ins are welcome as the schedule permits.
ID Is required at blood drive registration.
This blood drive is sponsored by Phi Theta Kappa.
For more information, contact:
319-296-2320, ext. 1109
Blood Donors Save Lives
- Every two seconds, someone, somewhere needs blood. The rarest type is the one not on the shelf when a patient needs it.
- Only 38 percent of the U.S. population is eligible to donate blood but less than 10 percent donate annually.
- There is no substitute for human blood.
- You cannot get AIDS or any other infectious disease by donating blood.
- About 1 in 7 people entering a hospital need blood.
- Females receive 53 percent of blood transfusions; males receive 47 percent.
- One unit of blood can be separated into several components: red blood cells, plasma, platelets.
- Fourteen lab tests (11 for infectious diseases) are performed on each unit of donated blood.