Part-time and Substitute Instructors and Tutors
Job Vacancy Notice: 1/1/2013
Deadline Date: 12/31/2013
Hawkeye Community College is seeking qualified individuals to fill Part-time and Substitute Instructors and Tutors in the following areas:
- Adult Basic Education (ABE), General Educational Development (GED), and English Language Learning (ELL) – four levels of classes.
- Independent Learning Center- administers initial student assessments and provides instruction for high school and brush-up courses.
- Professional Tutors will provide learning assistance for enrolled college students and will work with students one-on-one in the Academic Support Center.
Ability to communicate with students and the public. Must be able to apply supervisory skills, motivate students, be personable, professional, organized, and self-motivated, do record-keeping and classroom paperwork, have patience with and understanding of diverse student populations, and be able to learn and apply new concepts and ideas.
- ABE - Teaching certification and/or reading coursework preferred. GED – Teaching certification and multiple subject coursework preferred. ELL - Teaching certification, TESOL coursework, or English Language Learning teaching experience preferred.
- Independent Learning Center - Secondary certification in math, science, social studies, English, or reading required.
- Professional Tutoring requires a Bachelor's degree in math, science, English, reading, or related area including coursework in teacher preparation. Teaching experience preferred.
Part-time, hourly rate of pay is $15.00.
- ABE/GED/ELL Classes are held between 8:30am and 8:30pm.
- Independent Learning Center hours are 9:00am to 8:00pm, Monday through Thursday.
- Academic Support Center hours are 7:30am to 8:00pm, Monday through Thursday; 7:30am to 4:30pm, Friday; 12:00pm to 8:00pm, Sunday.
Application materials are required and must be received in the Human Resource Services office by 4:00pm Central Time 12/31/2013.
If you are in need of any special accommodation in completing the application process, please notify Human Resource Services.
Human Resource Services