Part-time and Substitute Instructors and Tutors
Job Vacancy Notice: 1/1/2013
Application Deadline: by 4:00pm CST
Hawkeye Community College is seeking qualified individuals to fill Part-time and Substitute Instructors and Tutors in the following areas:
- Adult Basic Education (ABE), General Educational Development (GED), and English Language Learning (ELL) – four levels of classes.
- Independent Learning Center- administers initial student assessments and provides instruction for high school and brush-up courses.
- Professional Tutors will provide learning assistance for enrolled college students and will work with students one-on-one in the Academic Support Center.
Ability to communicate with students and the public. Must be able to apply supervisory skills, motivate students, be personable, professional, organized, and self-motivated, do record-keeping and classroom paperwork, have patience with and understanding of diverse student populations, and be able to learn and apply new concepts and ideas.
- ABE - Teaching certification and/or reading coursework preferred. GED – Teaching certification and multiple subject coursework preferred. ELL - Teaching certification, TESOL coursework, or English Language Learning teaching experience preferred.
- Independent Learning Center - Secondary certification in math, science, social studies, English, or reading required.
- Professional Tutoring requires a Bachelor's degree in math, science, English, reading, or related area including coursework in teacher preparation. Teaching experience preferred.
Part-time, hourly rate of pay is $15.00.
- ABE/GED/ELL Classes are held between 8:30am and 8:30pm.
- Independent Learning Center hours are 9:00am to 8:00pm, Monday through Thursday.
- Academic Support Center hours are 7:30am to 8:00pm, Monday through Thursday; 7:30am to 4:30pm, Friday; 12:00pm to 8:00pm, Sunday.
Complete an online employment application.
Submit all required application materials by the application deadline. Application materials are required to complete your application.
Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you are in need of any special accommodation in completing the application process, please notify Human Resource Services.
Human Resource Services
Hawkeye Center 101