Exit Loan Counseling

If you have borrowed a Federal Stafford Loan while attending Hawkeye, you will need to complete an Exit Loan Counseling session

  • each certificate or diploma you earn
  • before you graduate
  • if you withdraw from Hawkeye
  • if you are enrolled in less than six credit hours

This is mandatory even if you plan to continue your education here at Hawkeye in another program or at another college or university. Learn more about in school deferment.

You will not be able to receive an official copy of your Hawkeye transcript or your diploma until you complete the Exit Loan Counseling.

Please allow 3-4 business days for processing.

If you received additional private educational loans you will need to contact that lender directly to set up your repayment options.

Average Total Loan Debt

Hawkeye Community College’s average total loan debt, excluding PLUS, for 2013–2014 for an Associate Degree was $15,392 with an average monthly payment, over 10 years, is $161.00.

In School Deferment

If you continue your education here at Hawkeye in another program or at another college or university and your enrollment in classes for the next semester is more than half time, your loan will be eligible for in-school deferment. An in-school deferment form must be completed if you attend another school. You can get this form at your loan servicer’s web page.

Exit Loan Counseling Sessions

Graduating Students

Graduating students must attend an in person Exit Loan Counseling Group Session.

Financial Aid Handbook | Next Page >

Financial Aid

Hawkeye Center 118
800-670-4769 ext.4020
319-296-4495 (fax)
Email us
Send a chat message

Text 66746 and start your question with hawkeyeaid
More info on this service

Regular Hours

Mon-Fri 8:00am–4:30pm

Federal Student Aid
Federal Student Aid You Tube Federal Student Aid Facebook Federal Student Aid Twitter Federal Student Aid Website