Paying for College

Student Accounts and Payments

Even though you may be awarded financial aid, you are responsible to make payment arrangements with the Business Services office before the due date listed on your first invoice.

There are several easy ways for you to pay your Hawkeye bill in full or you can set-up a payment plan.

Making a Payment in Full

  • on My Hawkeye > My WebAdvisor > WebAdvisor for Students > Billing and Payment > Make a Payment > Pay on My Account.

  • over the phone with a credit card. Hawkeye accepts Discover, MasterCard, and Visa.

  • mail a check to the Business Services office.

  • in person at the Business Services office. A drop off box is available after hours.

Payment Plans

Payment plans are available at Hawkeye through e-Cashier, a Nelnet Business Solutions product. Learn more about e-Cashier's automatic monthly payment plan.


You can view your account balance in My Hawkeye > My WebAdvisor > WebAdvisor for Students > Billing and Payment > Account Summary by Term.

Outstanding Balances

If you have an outstanding balance of any amount for

  • tuition and fees
  • library fines
  • parking fines
  • photo cage fines

Hawkeye reserves the right to withhold

  • registration for credit and non-credit classes
  • transcripts
  • diplomas and certificates

Once a year, Hawkeye submits outstanding balances of $45 or more to the DAS Offset Program. This program may garnish your state tax refund to pay your outstanding balance. The DAS Offset Program is operated by the State of Iowa and Iowa Department of Administrative Service.


Financial Aid Handbook | Next Page >

College Catalog | Student Handbook | Next Page >

Business Services

Hawkeye Center
Lower Level
Email us

Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm

Mailing Address

Business Services
Hawkeye Community College
1501 East Orange Road
P.O. Box 8015
Waterloo, Iowa 50704-8015