Student Disability Services

Disability Documentation

To apply for disability services and accommodations, you will need to provide current documentation of your disability. Depending on the disability, we will need a letter from a qualified professional telling us:

  • What the disability is.
  • The functional limitations of the disability.
  • What type of accommodations will work best for you.

You may need to be retested for Learning Disabilities. We can provide referrals for these services.

If you will be exiting high school special education services, we encourage you to request your resource teachers to complete a Support for Accommodation Request (SAR) [pdf] to supplement your accommodations application.

Student Disability Services

Hawkeye Center 208
Email us

Special Needs Coordinator

Melissa Klein
319-296-2329 ext.1087
Email me

Mon–Fri 8:00am–4:30pm

Hawkeye utilizes Relay Iowa, a telecommunications service providing full telephone accessibility to people who are deaf, hard of hearing, and/or speech impaired.